Branch Engineering provides a wide array of civil, structural, geotechnical, environmental, transportation engineering, land surveying and land use planning services. We are always looking for talented, experienced, dedicated, and inspirational people to join our team. We are proud of the diverse projects we get to work on, and are always looking for opportunities for new and existing employees to broaden their career experience.
Civil Construction Inspector
Compensation: $25 - $35 per hour, depending on experience.
Full or Part-Time available.
Branch Engineering, Inc is looking for a Civil Construction Inspector who is familiar with standard construction practices, methods, materials and equipment. This role involves inspecting work to ensure compliance with regulatory standards as well as project specifications and construction drawings. Applicants should have a degree in engineering or construction management, or equivalent experience working on large commercial and residential construction projects. You should also have a valid driver’s license, as duties will require you to visit and evaluate various worksites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect construction work to ensure compliance with project specifications and construction drawings.
- Review engineering plans, specifications and contract documents related to a wide variety of civil construction projects; comment and make recommendations during pre-construction period; inform contractors of requirements.
- Prepare daily reports on public works projects to ensure contractor, personnel and public safety.
- Determine the quality and quantity of materials and installations being used; make progress reports and recommendations to supervisor for modifications and alterations.
- Inspect underground utility installations for conformity to plans.
- Provide final walkthrough and measurement of work performed; ensure correctness and create payment documents.
- Monitor testing of materials.
- Attend pre-construction meetings.
- Maintain records of documentation.
- Must be willing to work long hours in a noisy construction environment under potentially hazardous conditions and possess sufficient physical mobility, hearing and speaking abilities related to the construction work requirements.
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management (preferred)
- Civil, residential or commercial construction experience
- Experience inspecting ADA facilities (preferred)
- ODOT Inspector Certification (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work on a multitude of tasks and respond quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diversity of others and have the ability to communicate technical information effectively to non-technical and technical individuals.
- Competency of math calculations associated with computation or estimation of construction progress, such as area, volume and percentages.
- Understanding of safety practices required within construction.
- Able to understand and retain verbal/written construction-related information such as dimensions, progress, quantities and instructions.
- Experience reading and comprehending technical documents such as survey notes, standard drawings, construction plans and drawings, specifications, codes, laws, contracts, procedure manuals and inspection reports.
Branch Engineering is a well-established, mid-size, multi-discipline firm with offices in Springfield and Philomath, Oregon.
Springfield is in the heart of Lane County, located in the southern Willamette Valley. Within one hour of our office, there is access to the Oregon coast, the Cascade Mountain Range, and numerous National Forests. We have been a strong engineering presence in this area for over 45 years. Our culture is professional yet casual, and family-oriented.
At Branch, we strive to provide the highest quality engineering and surveying service to our clients at a reasonable price while maintaining an enjoyable and comfortable workplace environment where our staff has the opportunity to grow and prosper. We prioritize a healthy life/work balance.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that include an attractive SEP IRA program, healthcare coverage, paid time off, and professional development.
Our workload is consistent and well balanced with public and private work. Some of the more pertinent work we have is for our municipal clients that include active and anticipated projects from local cities, utility boards, and parks and recreation districts. Projects range from roadway/sidewalk design to waterlines, gravity sewer, and stormwater design. Additionally, there are anticipated engineering planning related work including master plans and technical reports.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com stating your interest in this position. Please provide details demonstrating how your education, training and/or experience meets the above qualifications.